Emerging Energy is constantly liaising with the CER regarding installs to ensure our clients are up to date. Recently, the CER have set up a taskforce to focus on ensuring installers are on site during installations. They’ve highlighted the tightening of on-site attendance obligations so that jobs can continue being processed.
Currently, 3 selfies are required to be taken for all jobs, they should show the listed accredited installer (who will sign off on the installation) present at three distinct stages of the install. The details for the three selfies are as below:
- At the letterbox/house/meter/main switchboard before any work has commenced – this should show that the accredited installer is on-site before any panels are on the roof.
- A reasonable time after the start selfie, this selfie should show the accredited installer on-site during either:
- Progress of the mounting system and panel laying (e.g. selfie with the railing in the background before panels are secured)
- OR, At the inverter location during installation of the inverter before the inverter is fully wired and switched on
- OR, At the switchboard during re-wiring (this should be visible)
End of Install Selfie
- A reasonable time after the mid-install selfie, this selfie should show the accredited installer on-site during the testing and commissioning phase of the install. Such as having in the background:
- The completed solar panel array
- OR, The switched on and operational inverter
- The timestamp must match the completion date of the Certificate of Electrical Safety OR provide valid additional information and documentation regarding discrepancy of dates
All selfies are to be taken so that the CEC accredited installer who is signing off on the job can be clearly identified.
All 3 photos cannot be timestamped minutes apart and should be reasonably spaced apart in time as to demonstrate that they are present throughout the install.
Please note, if the installation spans multiple days – the accredited installer should also take selfies on the day(s) between the first and last day to demonstrate they are on-site during the progression of the system install. It is very important they make sure to take an End of Install selfie on the last day.
With the number of solar installs expected to rise sharply in the next 6 months, we thought we’d be proactive and make you aware of the increased importance and scrutiny that will be placed on the three installation selfies by the CER. This way, you can make sure that CER-compliant selfies are taken, and we can continue to process jobs smoothly.